Blackfen School Vision
Blackfen is an outstanding school where:
- everyone has talent. At Blackfen we find and nurture those talents, always looking for each student to improve, encouraging students to be positive about the future;
- our students want to learn, are enthusiastic about their education and are successful in achieving qualifications and progressing in their lives;
- we have a sense of pride in what we do, respecting ourselves and each other and our achievements together, building maturity and responsibility;
- everything is possible. Students, their parents and our team do their best in everything, with a single goal: to be outstanding;
- we encourage and allow creativity, risk-taking and mistakes;
- our students and staff can see things differently and try new things, discover their talents, broaden their horizons, and create new interest and ambitions;
- our students develop ways of behaving that will serve throughout their lives: they become ambitious, forward looking, and resolute;
- we are part of a wider network of local, national and international partners, exchanging ideas, opportunities and new experiences.
At Blackfen our students:
- receive high quality education that suits their ways of learning and understanding;
- access exciting, challenging and useful learning, skills, life experiences and qualifications;
- are prepared for the world of work and to positively contribute to their communities;
- use new technologies to allow them to learn wherever and whenever;
- talk to our staff about how and what they learn;
- learn in a high quality learning environment;
- share facilities with the local community;
- are partners with our staff team.
At Blackfen our staff:
- are role models, learning leaders and mentors;
- are multi-skilled, reflective and evaluative;
- continuously and actively learn and keep up to date;
- embrace change and aspire to be outstanding.
Each year we will make sure that our plans take forward each of these ambitions.